VMware Workstation- Host Unable to Ping Guest VM / Guest VM Unreachable

I recently ran into an issue in which I was unable to ping a guest VM from a host machine. Let me explain my scenario before jumping into how I resolved the issue.

I built a Centos 7 based VM , but VM was not reachable from the host machine. I tried multiple solutions but no luck. So here is a working solution for this issue.

There are several related solutions available on the internet, but it all depends on the configuration of the machine and the firewall rules.

Solution:

So, what did I do to resolve the issue? Here are the steps:

    • Disabled the VMware Network Adapter VMNet8


    • Changed the properties for the Internet Protocol Version 4 under VMWare Network Adapter VMNet8 to Obtain an IP address automatically






    • Removed the network from the VM
    • Enabled the VMware Network Adapter VMNet8
    • Re-added the Network to VM, and set it to NAT

  • Restarted the machine

After following the above steps, it should be started working !!!!!!!!!!

If It worked for you then, please share !!!!!!!!!!!!!!